Further Updates from March 2018
It’s all to easy to say to ourselves, ‘I’m never going to get better’ or ‘I can’t go on any more’ but saying this to yourself and even out loud on the support groups is not going to help those neurotransmitters reform. Here’s perhaps a little research into this written by somebody else....
Watch what you say
Dr Emoto was a Japanese professor who did some incredible photo experiments with water where he put a drop of water into a petri dish and then froze it for about 3 hours. The water was then photographed at a very high resolution and the pictures show the shapes in which they froze.
Ok, what's the big deal you are asking?
Well, before freezing the water he spoke different words to each drop of water and depending on the words the water changed into different shapes! The ones that he spoke words to like love or thank you made the most beautiful shapes and the ones he spoke words to like hate or evil were very fuzzy, stunted or plain.
This experiment has been reproduced to show consistency so make of it what you will, but think about this........ We are mostly made of water, could how you talk to yourself, be affecting your body and how it feels?
So all you Beating Benzos Buddies tell yourself you are healing, you are beautiful and all will be well.
From Beating Benzos Facebook Group.....
“You ask, 'Why should your doctor, neurologist, psychologist etc understand the benzodiazepine withdrawal syndrome?' my reply is,
'Why not' - if you listen to the world renown specialists, Professors Ashton & Lader in their interview 'The Benzodiazepine Medical Disaster' (in our Announcements here) and hear that the long term problems with these psychotropic drugs have been known, discussed and written medically about for over 50 years, how can someone who has trained for years to reach the exalted position of a medical professional, even a Neurologist specialising in peoples' brains, not understand what effects these evil drugs can have, especially as thousands of their colleagues have been dishing them out like Smarties year in year out. No, there is no excuse on this planet for someone in their responsible position to be ignorant concerning the effects of these drugs, as the info is and has been out there for years.”
I found this in my saved articles and interesting posts and it’s so true as I read of more and more pills being foisted on members suffering from Benzo withdrawal when all they need is to be given compassionate understanding and freedom from chemicals so they can heal from benzo poisoning and get their lives back.
My own answer lies in another post I wrote here.......
“I know not everyone will agree here and I am also aware for some of you certain medication and supplements may be absolutely necessary. The main point is that we have been harmed by a chemical that has given us difficult and sometimes extreme side effects that are slow to recover from. We live in a society that has been conditioned to believe that a drug or supplement can do us good even cure us therefore, when suffering, we naturally search for answers to alleviate that suffering. In Benzo withdrawal we come to learn that these beliefs have to be challenged if we are to recover as quickly as we can. The body isn’t the body that used to be able to eat, drink and take a pill as needed because it’s changing. In this state of change it is highly sensitive and doesn’t want to be further abused with chemicals, it wants to be left alone to do what it has to do to fully recover. Once recovered it will accept whatever we choose to throw at it, although I believe this whole process is an awakening that helps us value ourselves more and wake up to the innate health that lies within us all.
I know this is controversial and I completely understand the need to search for that elusive ‘cure’, that miracle pill, as I’ve spent years now doing that for myself. Eventually I think we give in to it all and it’s that giving in that supports our final recovery. Always remember it was a chemical poisoning that put you in this predicament, that ‘abused’ your body, so maybe better not to possibly do further harm with more chemicals added to the fire. It’s a hard lesson to learn when doctors, even specialists try to ‘put us on something else’ so I write this is answer to all the cries searching for something to help the horrors as my heart goes out to you. You will be well.”
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Heather Ashton. Today this great lady reaches 90 years of age. She is the only person to have undertaken in depth research into the problems of benzodiazepine drugs that have been known since the 1960s. This day, July 11th, is now used to spread awareness of the dangers of these drugs.
Nobody has continued her research and we are just left with her manual plus anecdotal evidence from benzo sufferers accumulated over the last 50 years to help us through. Even today, all these years later, benzos are still being prescribed for longer that the recommended two weeks. Sadly, many in our trusted medical profession prefer not to recognise the dangers of these drugs and continue to harm patients by misguided prescribing. It’s no wonder there are approximately 100 groups on Facebook devoted to various aspects of suffering from these drugs. I have compiled a list of 70 of them and will continue to add to them as new groups are formed. I’m not sure they all serve a constructive and informative purpose but they do demonstrate the extent of the suffering out there. Today lets unite and get the dangers of benzos up front and into the public arena.
I’ve suffered the effects of these drugs now for 48 years, don’t let anybody else have to go through so many years of suffering.
Happy Campaigning Benzo Cavaliers.
This is really meant as a lighthearted look at our symptoms but it does give benzo sufferers a more serious message.
I’ve written this before but perhaps relevant to the pic.......
It’s so easy to misinterpret the symptoms we experience. This misinterpretation adds further anxiety and fear so we seek answers from a doctor.
Many weird and often unique problems arise for us as we get free from benzos. These problems will sometimes mimic other illnesses and conditions that the medical profession would apply a label to and treat because that’s what they do. Usually, however, we are not really suffering these treatable conditions but a false copy of them. The false copy doesn’t respond to being treated as if it’s a true fact. The person now believes they have such and such condition so anxiety and stress about these symptoms are then compounded even though he or she is unlikely to have the diagnosis for real, merely a false copy of it.
brain, trying to sort itself out in withdrawal, throws numerous false positives out which actually can’t and shouldn’t be latched on to and treated with further drugs. All that’s needed is reassurance that others have recovered from this
if it was a product of Benzo withdrawal and recovery. In actual fact trying to treat individual symptoms can further disrupt the nervous system and make them worse. What the brain and body need most of all is freedom from further stress. Any additional fear
can and will whip up the symptoms.
(Having said that please, always seek medical reassurance for any worrying symptoms that you experience. Suffering in silence and believing everything is caused by the drugs and their removal is not wise. Reassurance will go a long way towards preventing that catastrophising and adding fear).
The whole process is a conundrum and turns upside down any previous beliefs we had in how the body heals and what symptoms mean.
You are you’re own healing. These are some simple tips for healing I’ve written about before and I hope they will help a little. Nobody knows how your recovery will unfold, how long it will take, what other medications may help you and so forth but we do know that healing is a process and will unfold as it should for you. These ideas are entirely my own personal view from what I’ve learnt from others, experienced myself and also from what I’ve learnt concerning rewiring the brain for health.
* Try not to focus and write about all the individual symptoms you may experience, just get reassurance that they are caused by benzos and preferably medical reassurance (perhaps pie in the sky!).
* Read as many success stories as you can and talk to recovered people.
* Know and understand that recovery from long term use of benzodiazepines can take many months or even years before the body fully readjusts to a drug free life. Don’t let this scare you but inform you when suffering several months off.
* Always put yourself first and do what is right for you and not what others think is right for you.
* Don’t push too hard, remember your brain and body are exhausted through this and more than anything need rest. However, take gentle exercise but possibly not mammoth gym sessions which may rev up symptoms.
* Take time to rest and meditate every day and listen and read about spiritual evidence for helping ourselves. This has been one of my biggest crutches in these final stages. There’s so much out there that points to our healing from within and not seeking cures in the outside world. (Ask me for more info if you like).
* If you wish to try supplements, vitamin injections, herbs, drugs, diets, fasting or any other so called miracle cures do so only after careful research and full understanding. Remember nothing has been proven to help the process for everyone even after nearly sixty years of knowing the damage the drugs do. You are completely individual in your reactions.
* Above all trust yourself because sadly answers don’t exist. Once you relax and allow everything to wash over you without a major reaction your central nervous system will start to calm. It’s the constant looking that tends to provide the negative thoughts that we react to. I know keeping positive is futile but keeping a clear, open mind uncluttered by the ‘whys and what ifs’ is going to help.
* Try not to trawl the groups and be exposed to the sadness which can only influence you negatively.
* Keep to a few trusted friends to support you and who will not pull you down into their own inferno. Talk openly and supportively to each other and be absolutely honest. Honesty and trust in each other are paramount.
This process is unbelievably awful, a gigantic Tsunami out of all proportion to anything anyone has ever experienced before BUT it’s going to elevate you to a much higher level. You will be a thoughtful, loving, caring human being and the most amazing friend and partner. Love will colour everything you do and say. You will be invincible. You are your own healing and only you have the power. ❤️